Essential reading before booking any trip! Further information, advice and protocols to help you choose the best trip for you and to ensure that your trip is as practicable, safe, healthy and enjoyable as reasonably possible.
For more about the booking process, our Booking Conditions, payments, etc read on, before proceeding to Booking.
You will need more information about the trip or trips you are interested in:
• The relevant Trip Details can be obtained by filling in the on-line form, to access and download a pdf version of the Trip Details, to have the Trip Details e-mailed to you or to have it sent by snail-mail.
• The Trip Details will have full descriptions of itineraries, details of instruction, travel options, accommodation, costs, etc. plus links to the Booking Form.
• Your booking may be for:
A PART PACKAGE – INSTRUCTION plus options on AIRPORT TRANSFERS and/or ACCOMMODATION as provided in the Trip Details.
A FULL PACKAGE – as listed in the Trip Details.
• Discounts may be available and, for groups, tailor-made trips with group prices are available for added incentives!
• Please do contact us to discuss any aspect of the trips you are interested in. Probably 99% of our clients contact us by phone or e-mail before booking, to check on any aspect of the trip. It is especially worthwhile phoning or e-mailing to discuss skiing ability levels and whether you are considering the most suitable trip from that point of view.
1 Once you receive the Trip Details you will have everything you need to go ahead with a booking.
3 Complete the On-line Booking Form and submit it with the deposit or full payment to secure your booking. Full details for our secure on-line payments and details of alternative methods of payment will be found on the On-line Booking Form.
4 You will receive a Confirmation of Booking e-mail from The Off-piste & Telemark Ski Company within 5 working days along with an Invoice and other information relevant to your trip.
5 Book your travel (and accommodation if not through us). This can be DIY or with a tour operator. NB Check that you can be at our meeting place on time on the first morning. If unsure, contact us.
6 You will receive a Meeting Up email approximately 2 weeks prior to your travel date which will include details of the time and place of our introductory meeting, airport transfers (if relevant), confirmation of equipment hires and any other relevant information for your trip.
Anyone selling full package holidays to the public are legally obliged to have some form of 'bonding' or insurance so that the customer is financially protected if the tour operator fails. The Off-piste & Telemark Ski Company has the following cover:
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover:
In compliance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), to protect customers' prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure, and paid in respect of:
• non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
• the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website
• non-ATOL flight inclusive packages sold to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
– a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
– making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
– repatriation of customers as may be applicable, subject to the terms of the insurance policy.
Customers' prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849).
Note: clients booking onto a trip with 'Instruction Only' are not covered; a single element such as this does not comprise a package and does not require this same coverage under law.
Payments can be made by credit or debit card, internet banking (nil or negligible cost and easy to do) or bank transfer. We no longer accept payment by cheque or via Paypal.
Full information about credit or debit card payments via our Sagepay secure payments facility will be found on the On-line Booking Form. It is also possible to make your deposit or balance payments by card over the phone. In line with recent legislation there are no extra fees for the use of credit or debit cards.
For internet bank transfers, please contact us direct for our bank details.
INTERNATIONAL BANK TRANSFERS:
These will accrue additional charges that are your responsibility. (Charges possibly at both the origin and destination bank). Note that we will require the full invoiced amount in Pounds Sterling to reach our account after any bank and exchange charges or fees.
To minimise bank transfer costs you may choose to pay in full at the time of booking i.e. a single transfer subject to charges. As for all monies we receive, refunds in event of cancellation, etc. will still be possible as detailed in the Booking Conditions.
PAYMENTS FOR 'INSTRUCTION ONLY':
These payments will need to be made in full at the time of booking.
PAYMENTS FOR 'PART' OR 'FULL PACKAGES':
Payments for courses or tours which we offer as a 'package' (including accommodation and/or airport transfers with instruction/leadership) will normally be in 2 stages:
• a deposit at the time of booking.
• the balance, usually no later than 8 weeks prior to your departure date or as specified on your Confirmation Letter.
NB If bookings are made less than 8 weeks prior to the departure date full payment will normally be required when you book.
NOTE: Only one of the following discounts can operate at any one time (whichever is the greater)! Only club/group discounts apply with club/group bookings; if you book subsequently as an individual during the season then the 'Returning Client' discount will apply.
• Returning clients: Money off our instruction or leadership fee and accommodation if you return for a second time (or more!) within the 2021 – 2022 season. Click here for full details.
• Clubs & Groups: Discounts available for clubs and other organisations that do single bookings of 4 clients or more. The discount amount will increase with larger group sizes. Click here for examples of discounts off instruction and accommodation costs. Click here for more information. Contact us for a quotation.
Prices in this website are based on costs and exchange rates as of 15/09/21. Prices may change without notice; revised prices will be notified on our Facebook page. We sincerely hope that surcharges will not be necessary, but in the unlikely event that they are, you may cancel your booking without penalty if the surcharge amounts to more than 10% of any of our given prices. This has become necessary as a precaution in view of the dramatic fluctuations of the Pound in relation to foreign currencies during the last few years and the current negotiations surrounding the UK's position in Europe.
It is a condition of joining our trips that you must be adequately insured.
All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance and we highly recommend that you have this insurance in place when you book with us (in case of cancellation due to health issues or other reasons prior to your departure date). Polices should cover any potential risks involved in a winter sports holiday. We ask for copy of your policy to be sent in with your completed booking form.
Covid-19: we highly recommend that you pay particular attention to your insurer's policy with regard to provisions in case your trip is affected by Covid-19, whether due to changes in travel regulations, border crossings and quarantine requirements in the UK or the destination country prior to or during your chosen trip, or if you contract Covid-19 whilst abroad on your trip. Ensure that the insurance cover that you are choosing gives you the maximum benefits possible in case of any of these effects of the pandemic.
Contact us direct if you need any help with finding appropriate insurance providers.